What is IDD Spinal Decompression Therapy?
With it’s ability to optimise pulling forces to specific segments of the spine and it’s patented Oscillation feature, “IDD Therapy” is the gold standard in Spinal Decompression Therapy (be vary of other cheaper, less effective forms of decompression / tractions). IDD Therapy is the most successful and trusted non-surgical, non-invasive, spinal decompression treatment, helping chronic back and neck pain sufferers to regain a normal active life.
Safe, gentle and non-invasive, IDD Therapy addresses the failings of traditional traction and the natural limitations of what clinicians can do with the hands alone. The treatment involves the gentle distraction (drawing apart) of targeted spinal segments to remove pressure from spinal structures including the discs and spinal nerves to reduced pain, promote healing and improve mobility. There are over 1000 clinics internationally and around 50 clinics in the UK providing this specialist service.
We are one of the UK’s most experienced providers of IDD Therapy. In 2011 our Chigwell clinic, was proud to be the first clinic in Essex, and the 3rd in the UK, to offer IDD Therapy. Following our success in Chigwell, two years later we established the first IDD Therapy clinic in London (city centre). Currently we clinics offering IDD Therapy in Chigwell and Hornchurch.
Why choose IDD Spinal Decompression Therapy at Spine Plus Clinics? Listen to Vicki’s story, how she was referred to us by her surgeon and saved from having spinal surgery:
If you have persistent back pain or neck pain or suffer with any of the following conditions, you may be a suitable for Spinal Decompression:
- SLIPPED, BULGING OR HERNIATED DISC(S) – in the lumbar spine (low back) or cervical spine (neck)
- DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE, Modic change
- SCIATICA (leg pains from the back), pinched or trapped nerve in leg(s) or arm(s)
- DISC PROTRUSION, PROLAPSE OR SPONDYLOSIS (disc thinning)
- STENOSIS (canal or foraminal), facet pain, trouble walking
- CHRONIC LOW BACK PAIN, morning stiffness, difficulty getting out of bed.
- TINGLING and or NUMBNESS in the arms, or legs
- STIFFNESS in the back or neck, weakness when lifting
- Trouble with your back when BENDNG, SITTING or STANDING
- DO YOU HAVE CHRONIC PAIN? TAKING LOTS OF PAIN KILLERS? Have you been told you have to “learn to live the pain” and or rely on pain killers / anti-inflammatories? Our Spinal Decompression Therapy and Disc Therapy Programs have helped 100’s of people reduce or completely stop their long term pain medications.
- HAVE YOU TRIED OR BEEN TOLD YOU SHOUD HAVE SPINAL ADJUSTMENTS / MANIPULATION, (PHYSIO or PILATES) EXERCISES? Whilst we utilise all these methods and several others besides (as and when appropriate, according to your personal care plan) in many cases these methods alone do not provide the most complete solution. IDD Spinal Decompression therapy is arguably the most important component of any non invasive therapy care plan for patients suffering with compression of their discs which is ultimately THE most common underlying reason for chronic back pain, sciatica and stenosis.
- HAVE YOU TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIX YOUR BACK / NECK? Have you tried chiropractic, osteopathy, massage, acupuncture, injections and even surgery and poor results? We regularly achieve success where these treatments have failed.
- DO YOU THINK OR BEEN TOLD SURGERY IS YOUR ONLY ANSWER? Most surgeons would agree that surgery should be the last resort. IDD Spinal Decompression Therapy is virtually risk free and many of our former patients have been saved from undergoing spinal surgery with IDD Therapy. We work closely with several leading spinal surgeons who regularly refer their patients to us for IDD Therapy before considering surgery.
How does IDD Spinal Decompression Therapy work? Play the Videos Below:
An Introduction to IDD Therapy
IDD A Patients Story
Do You Suffer With Lower Back Pain, Neck Pain, Sciatica, Slipped Disc or Trapped Nerves?
Other Patient Testimonials:
Having suffered with low back pain and Sciatica for 4 years and despite having tried various other physical therapies, John came to see us at Spine Plus Clinics for a Free Review. His MRI scan revealed, a broad based disc injury (protrusion) at L5/S1 vertebrae that was compromising the left L5 nerve root in his spine. This had been causing him serve pain and discomfort for 4 years. We established a treatment plan with a combination of IDD Therapy, and Medical Acupuncture (Paraspinal dry needling) and core strengthening exercise this is his story.
Peter Parson (On IDD / Spine Plus)
Computer-controlled treatment at precisely measured angles
These fluids and nutrients help with healing and repair and the gentle, oscillating movement helps the joints to become lubricated and to move more freely.
Where a disc is pressing on a nerve and causing pain, this mobilisation may help the body to retract a bulging disc and thus remove or reduce the pressure and therefore relieve pain.
Our goal is to help the body move freely. Whilst we can do this with our hands most of the time, IDD Therapy gently stretches tight muscles and stiff ligaments in a manner which is not possible with the hands alone.
Working the soft tissues with the SPINA machine helps the body move more freely and as you get more mobility in the spine, this helps the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
Improve joint mobility to free the body's natural healing mechanisms
Each treatment on the SPINA machine lasts approximately 25 minutes; this is the time needed to work the spinal structures adequately to help bring about the physiological changes we are seeking.
Before treatment we apply infrared heat to the area to increase blood flow into the soft tissues. After treatment we apply cold packs to reduce post treatment inflammation and encourage improved collagen formation within healing discs.