Call us if you would like an appointment or book on-line.
Consultations are also available in Spanish, Turkish and Italian.
You really don’t have to suffer, call today, get assessed by one our specialists and get set on the road to recovery with East London’s and Essex Finest Treatment Teams.
Certain types of headaches
Foot & Ankle
60 min New Patient / Review Appointment will include the following:
- Case History
- Orthopaedic & Neurological Examination
- Postural and Functional Movement Assessment
- Working Diagnosis
- Recommendations for Tests to Confirm Diagnosis, if required (e.g. X-ray, MRI or Ultrasound Scan)
- Treatment Planning & Bespoke Rehabilitation Advice
- Commencement of Manual Therapy / Electrotherapy Treatment (as appropriate), see below for more details*
(30 min New Patient Appointment (Assessment Only): £55
30 mins Follow Up “Manual Therapy +/- Electrotherapy Appointment”, will include one or more of the following:
- Spinal Adjustment (Manipulation)
- Medial Acupuncture / Dry Needling (Intramuscular Stimulation)
- Soft Tissue Release (Advanced Massage) Techniques with Osteopath or Physio +/- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Release (e.g. "Graston Technique" & Others)
- Bespoke Rehabilitation
- Kinesio Taping
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Therapy
- Laser Acupuncture
+ Follow Up Advanced Electrotherapy including one or more of the following:
- Laser Therapy
- (Radial) Shock Wave Therapy
- TECAR Diathermy (Pulsed Short Wave Therapy)
- Theraflex (power Assisted Spinal Mobilisation – Hornchurch only)
Cost: £20 Supplement
SPECIALIST INTERVERTEBRAL DISC DECOMPRESSION (IDD) THERAPY PROGRAM – FOR DISC PATIENTS
15 mins Initial (Telephone) Consultation will include:
- Discussion of Symptoms
- Discussion of any previous MRI results
- Rudimentary Assessment of suitability to IDD Therapy & Advice on whether a formal New Patient Initial Consul would be worthwhile.
60 – 75 min New Patient / Review Appt will include the following:
- Case History
- Orthopaedic Tests
- Working Diagnosis & Spinal MRI Imaging / Report Review
- Treatment Planning & Bespoke Rehabilitation Advice
- Commencement of IDD Treatment – First Appt - as appropriate
Single 30 – 45 min Follow Up IDD Therapy
Appt will include the following
- Infrared Heat
- IDD Therapy
- Treatment Planning & Review
- Bespoke Rehabilitation Advice
- Ice Pack Following the IDD Treatment
Cost: £95 (Pay As You Go)
£80 per session when part of pre-paid, pre-scheduled package:
Phase 1: Trial Phase - Block of 6 sessions £480 (£80 per session) Enables clients to gain a "sense" of whether IDD is right for them.
Phase 2: Foundation Phase - Block of 6 sessions: £480 (£80 per session). Most cases achieve 20% - 40% improvement in symptoms by this stage, if this is achieved and things are "on track", the following 3 additional phases are recommended:
Phase 3: Consolidation Phase - Block of 6 sessions* £480 (£80 per session)
Phase 4: Optimisation Phase - Block of 6+ sessions* £480 (£80 per session) *Depending on exact nature of disc injury. We expect 70% - 90% of cases to achieve full (or near full) symptom resolution by this stage.
Phase 5: - Maintenance Phase - Block of 3 sessions: £240 (£80 per session | one session per month). Highly recommended for the first 12 months in order to reduce chance of relapse.
30 min "Bolt-On*" Manual Therapy Appt + Electrotherapy (*Immediately after IDD).
(Osteopathic) Manipulations, Medial Acupuncture / Dry Needling, Manual Soft Tissue Release, Ultrasound, Laser.
+ Advanced Electrotherapy including one or more of the following:
Cost: £5 supplement to Bolt on Fee (£0 when on IDD package)
- Sports / Remedial Massage with Massage Therapist £40 (30mins) | £65 (60 mins) . Available Wed am (Chig), Sunday pm (Woodford)
- Advance Liquid Joint Support | Collagen | Multivitamin with Ginger Supplement: £20
- GP / Consultant Letter: £40
- Ice Packs: £6.50
- Back Pain Decoded (Book Written by Spine Plus Director, Robert Shanks): £25
- Core Zero to Core Hero (Six Week video exercise program designed by Robert Shanks: £25
- Onsite Ultrasound Scan (from ESP Physio / Sonographer Jonny Wride): £105
- Onsite Ultrasound guided Joint or Soft Tissue Injections (Steroid, Hyaluronic Acid, etc): £185 - £250
- MRI Referral - For Gold Standard MRI Scan, including report from leading UK radiologist: £350
- Company Director (Robert Shanks) Fees: Initial Appointment (up to 90 mins) £150 | Follow Up Appointments (30 to 45 mins) £85. (Please note Robert is currently recovering from shoulder surgery and is not seeing any clients until Feb '22, at the earliest).
Robert Shanks - Osteopath & Clinic Director
As company director and co-founder Robert is part of the driving force behind our multidisciplinary approach. Robert has been strongly influenced by his mother, a chartered physiotherapist with 40 years’ experience. Robert graduated as an Osteopath in 2000 and subsequently furthered his education with several postgraduate courses, notably in medical acupuncture, electrotherapy and clinical Pilates (the latter with the renowned Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute). As well as treating sports injuries and tension headaches, Robert’s other main area of special interest is the management of patients with chronic low back pain and neck pain associated with disc problems.
Juan Bedoya - Osteopath
Juan is a highly skilled osteopath, massage therapist and personal trainer. He is currently our head trainer for clients requiring one to one corrective exercise sessions in order to build their core strength and spinal stability.
Etienne Balland - Osteopath
Etienne is a registered Osteopath, whom graduated in 2021 from the distinguished University College of Osteopathy. Etienne’s treatments involves a patient centred approach, tailored to the individuals needs and their diagnosis. Treatment involves a variety of techniques including, articulations, soft tissue, joint manipulations and exercise. Etienne enjoys treating a variety of patients from the elderly to office workers and people in both acute and chronic pain. Etienne is keen on helping those suffering from desk related neck and back pain which has been inspired due to the increase in people working from home. Due to his previous history of playing club level rugby and 1st team basketball he is well versed in sports related injury and rehab. Languages: English & French.
Jaqueline Schultz - Osteopath
Having started her career in bodywork in 2015, as a yoga teacher Jaqueline graduated from the prestigious London School of Sport and Remedial Massage (LSSM) in 2020. As a qualified Soft Tissue (Massage) Therapist Jaqueline uses various manual therapy techniques to treat minor injuries to the body’s muscles, tendons and ligaments. The same techniques can be used to treat persistent pain that has been present for longer than three months as a result of poor posture, injury, surgery, sport or occupational demands. Incorporating manual therapy and her yoga teacher training, Jaqueline’s aim is to empower you take charge of your recovery to manage whatever brings you through her door. Alternatively, if it is simply a relaxing massage you are after, she would be delighted to provide this too. Other treatments available include: Pregnancy Massage | Massage to those who have a history of cancer | Sports Massage.
Facilities and Equipment
- Treatment rooms, reception and waiting area, disabled toilet and disabled access throughout.
- Retail items: ice packs, orthopaedic supports and braces.
- Mechanical and electrical therapy equipment: ultrasound, interferential, short wave, soft laser, lumbar traction, cervical traction.
5 Jubilee Market St Barnabas Road Woodford Green | IG8 7BZ
|Monday||9am – 8pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am – 8pm|
|Thursday||9am – 8pm|
|Friday||9am – 8pm|
|Saturday||10am – 3pm|
|Sunday||12pm – 4pm|
Arriving by underground (tube):
We are located opposite Woodford tube station on St Barnabas Road.
Arriving by bus
Take either the 275 or 549 bus routes and disembark near Woodford tube station.
Free parking on site.