New Year Special Offer
£20 OFF New Patient Appointments – Satisfaction Guaranteed!*
Call us if you would like an appointment or book on-line.
IDD Disc Therapy
Certain types of headaches
Foot & Ankle
Our Hornchurch clinic was established in 2021 to offer specialist affordable treatment for all aspects of Osteopathy and Physiotherapy, including Back Pain, Neck Pain Treatment, Sciatica Treatment, Shoulder Pain, Sports Injuries, and Rehabilitation.
We are also a specialist centre for Spinal Decompression Therapy (IDD Therapy). IDD is one of the fasted growing and
most effective non-surgical treatments for chronic back pain, sciatica and neck pain due to bulging, herniation, slipped or degenerative discs (e.g. L4/5,L5S1) in the spine.
And along side plenty of hands on treatment (including acupuncture) our Osteopaths are able to offer Shock Wave Therapy, Laser and TECAR Therapy.
The clinic draws patients from the local area (Emerson Park) and surrounding areas such as Upminster, Romford, Brentwood, Dagenham, Gidea Park, Harold Hill and others. Call our Hornchurch clinic today to book your assessment appointment with one our specialist practitioners and start your road to recovery with East London’s and Essex Finest Therapy Teams.
OSTEOPATHY / PHYSIOTHERAPY
60 min New Patient / Review Appointment will include the following:
- Case history
- Orthopaedic & neurological examination
- Postural and Functional Movement Assessment
- Working Diagnosis
- Recommendations for tests to confirm diagnosis, if required (e.g. X-ray, MRI or ultrasound scan)
- Treatment planning & bespoke rehabilitation advice
- Commencement of Manual Therapy / Electrotherapy Treatment (as appropriate), see below for more details*
30 min New Patient Appointment: Assessment & Examination + Discussion of Treatment Options. (NB: May not allow enough time to start treatment). Cost £58
*+£7 supplement if Electro-Acupuncture Included
**+£20 supplement if TECAR, Shockwave and or Laser Therapy Included
30 mins Follow Up “Manual Therapy +/- Electrotherapy Appointment”, will include one or more of the following:
- Mini Re-Assessment
- Spinal Adjustment (Manipulation)
- Medial Acupuncture / Dry Needling (Intramuscular Stimulation)*
- Soft Tissue Release (Advanced Massage) Techniques with Osteopath or Physio +/- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Release (e.g. "Graston Technique" & Others)
- Bespoke rehabilitation
- Kinesio Taping
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Therapy
- Theraflex, power assisted micro manipulation
- Laser Acupuncture
Cost: £58 (*+£3.50 supplement if Electro-Acupuncture included)
+ Advanced Electrotherapy including one or more of the following:
- Laser Therapy
- (Radial) Shock Wave Therapy
- TECAR Diathermy (Pulsed Short Wave Therapy)
- Theraflex (power Assisted Spinal Mobilisation – Hornchurch only)
Cost: £20 Supplement
IDD SPINAL DECOMPRESSION THERAPY
(Optional) 15 min Telephone Consultation
– Discussion of symptoms and suitability to IDD Therapy
60 Minute Initial Consultation +/- MRI Analysis
– Case history
– Orthopaedic & neurological examination
– Postural and Functional Movement Assessment
– Recommendation for any relevant tests if required (usually MRI, regular upright or dynamic)
– (Post) MRI Analysis to confirm diagnosis and establish precise IDD treatment plan*
– Treatment planning & bespoke rehabilitation advice (do’s & don’ts)*
* Can be done as split session (after arranging any relevant MRI) – at no extra cost (i.e. 30 min assessment – MRI – 30 min MRI analysis report of findings and treatment planning)
45 min IDD Therapy Session
– Infrared Heat Belt
– IDD Therapy Treatment
– Cryotherapy after IDD
- 1:1 Pilates / Postural Therapy: £47 (45 mins) - Chigwell Clinic only.
- Advance Liquid Joint Support | Collagen | Multivitamin with Ginger Supplement: £21
- GP / Consultant Letter: £45
- Ice Packs: £6.50
- Back Pain Decoded (Book Written by Spine Plus Director, Robert Shanks): £25
- Core Zero to Core Hero (Six Week video exercise program designed by Robert Shanks: £25
- Onsite Physio Assessment Including Ultrasound Imaging (Scan) - from ESP Physio / Sonographer Jonny Wride: £115
- Onsite Ultrasound guided Joint or Soft Tissue Injections (Steroid, Hyaluronic Acid, etc): £185 - £250
- MRI Referral - For Gold Standard MRI Scan, including report from leading UK radiologist: £350
- Company Director (Robert Shanks) Fees: Initial Appointment (approx 60 mins) £120 | Follow Up Appointments (30 to 45 mins) £85. (Please note Robert is currently still recovering from some recent orthopaedic surgery and pursuing some of his mentoring roles with other clinics, so is only seeing a very limited no of clients during 2023.
Robert Shanks - Osteopath & Clinic Director
As company director and co-founder Robert is part of the driving force behind our multidisciplinary approach. Robert has been strongly influenced by his mother, a chartered physiotherapist with 40 years’ experience. Robert graduated as an Osteopath in 2000 and subsequently furthered his education with several postgraduate courses, notably in medical acupuncture, electrotherapy and clinical Pilates (the latter with the renowned Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute). As well as treating sports injuries and tension headaches, Robert’s other main area of special interest is the management of patients with chronic low back pain and neck pain associated with disc problems.
Matthew Irvine - Osteopath
Matthew is a highly skilled Osteopath who uses his attention to detail to help with each and every one of his patients who come to see him here at spine plus. Matthew is very passionate about his approach to Osteopathy and how it can help all patients with there symptoms. Matthew’s passion and drive to promote Osteopathy was highlighted when he was selected to be joined by a few other elite students to study and train in Melbourne’s prestigious Victoria university. It was here in Melbourne that Matthew first learnt about the wonders of how shockwave therapy , acupuncture, dry cupping, intervertebral disc distraction (IDD) and ultrasound therapy could help him with his patients presenting symptoms. He now fully incorporates all these techniques into his practice enabling him to treat a wide variety of muscleoskeletal conditions.
Previous clinical experience in the UCO clinic and work at the Hemants Pharmacy have provided Joan excellent diagnostic skills and taught her to work effectively in a team of different healthcare professionals in order to provide the best patient experience. Joan is also passionately committed to professional development and learning in order to become the best Osteopath she can be. Joan works at the Hornchurch Clinic on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Facilities and Equipment
- Treatment room, reception and waiting area.
- Retail items: Off the shelf orthotics, heel lifts, ice packs, orthopaedic pillows, orthopaedic supports and braces.
- Mechanical and electrical therapy equipment: ultrasound, ShockWave, IDD Therapy
2a Oak Lodge Ave, Chigwell, London | IG7 5HZ
2a Oak Lodge Ave, Chigwell, London | IG7 5HZ
Request a call-back
The easiest way to make an inquiry or to book an appointment is to call the clinic on the number above. However to request a call back from us, please fill in the form below.
|Monday||8am – 8pm|
|Tuesday||8am – 8pm|
|Wednesday||8am – 8pm|
|Thursday||8am – 8pm|
|Friday||8am – 5pm|
|Saturday||9am – 4pm|
Arriving by Train
Our Hornchurch clinic is only two minutes walk from Emerson Park station.
Free parking is available on site (for one car) or in nearby streets.
When you step foot into any of our clinics gyms, I promise you three things:
1. Patients Come First – The most important part of everything we do, is you. No matter who you are, everyone is a priority in our clinics. We know you on a first term basis and, you will never be seen as just a number or a name on our list.
2. Transparency – We have totally transparent attitude to the service we provide, we are always open and honest with our advice. All the therapy team are hand picked and trained by me. Our clinics are equipped with the latest therapy technologies from gold standard brands. You’ll never see gimmicky products, machines or services our clinics nor will we try and sell you bogus treatments that don’t work. If we don’t think something is worthwhile we won’t advocate it or have it in our clinics.
3. We Never Stop Evolving – Our constant goal has always been and will continue to be to improve the experience for our patients, whether this involves expanding the services we offer or improving our skills and knowledge, we’re always adding benefits and services to serve our patients best.
Don’t take my word for it. These are my promises. Visit any of our clinics and see the team live up to them.
Founder & Director Spine Plus, Chigwell, Woodford & Hornchurch Clinics